Responsible To: Home Manager/Deputy Manager or Clinical Lead
Responsible For: Care Teams
To professionally lead the care team during any span of duty, ensuring that a safe, effective, and efficient care service is maintained that meets the needs of residents and relatives.
To provide care to residents in accordance with their assessed needs to meet GE-First Healthcare’s care regulation standards.
- Provide leadership and support for care staff and act as a champion for residents’ safety and dignity.
- To maintain skills and knowledge and ensure that care is delivered according to the latest guidelines and best practice evidence available.
- Ensure the ongoing safety of residents, staff and visitors through systematic assessment, monitoring and reviewing processes.
- Ensure that clear and accurate records and communication systems relating to clinical and care delivery are maintained and effectively used.
- Act as a role model for good clinical and care governance practice.
Specific responsibilities and duties